Wednesday 6 August 2014

Rapunzel, Rapunzel... let down your hair

You lovely readers always comment on my hair and I get a lot of hair loving from you all on Instagram so I thought I'd do a post dedicated to the barnet. I cannot take any credit for how my hair has looked over the past 3 months, in May I got hair extensions. I've always wanted thicker hair as naturally it's very fine. . . very very fine! My natural hair length wasn't really an issue it was just the volume and us gals always want what we don't have right? I have previously researched hair extensions but decided against them because I would never want to damage my own hair and consequently have to have it really short once they were taken out. Well luckily a few months ago a new hair salon, Arabella Rose, opened up near my home town offering a technique that is non damaging to your own hair. . . Now I'm not gonna lie, its expensive. . . but its quality and non damaging, which is the only way I would ever commit to having hair extensions. So I decided to go for it and see what it was like and its safe to say I'm a big fan of long flowing locks. . . .

 photo 9725d9f1-da20-441e-b86d-3280b221ab13_zpscdfb9640.jpg
 photo faffe58e-a275-4c1a-b187-fbc7a7ebba7f_zps925c9867.jpg
 photo 170ed7d8-8888-4877-bedd-3ab9dec5d00b_zps0774536a.jpg
 photo 7e7e6f9c-9b35-47db-a8a7-fbe5f2e55e5f_zps13887dc6.jpg

I've shown it here in the three styles I tend to wear it in, being straight, in a low side plait for work and my personal fav beachy waves. Arabella Rose spent a long time creating the perfect customised extensions for my hair tone and colour. I have naturally brunette hair with flashes of light brown and slightly lighter tips (due to my ombre do circa 2012). Not only did they figure this out in my consolation but continued to add and perfect the colour as they were fitting the extensions.



They say 'Once the bespoke hair extensions are made, we then use an attachment technique which is free of any glues, heat, chemicals, sewing or braids - resulting in no damage to your own natural hair.

The method combines strands of natural hair with the hand made extension hair and is then sealed and locked into place using tiny, undetectable rings. To remove them, we simply loosen the lock and the extension hair slides out. ''


When they first got put in it did take me a little while to get use to them, it felt heavy (compared to my usual hair) and the only way I can describe it is saying they felt like dreadlocks (not that I've ever had dreadlocks). I struggled finding a suitable style for work as working with children I absolutely have to have my hair up all the time but I found the side plait works well. I do miss being able to just shove my hair up in a high pony tail or a bun on top of my head (you can't do this as the copper rings will be on show) but I barely notice them now and absolutely relish having long, thick hair. I have my maintenance appointment on Saturday where they take them out, re tip and re apply, so I'm definitely going to keep them in for the wedding in November then I might have a bit of a break but I'm sure I'll have them again as the lure of long locks is too tempting.  

 photo 03ed0fca-632b-4122-b88b-1bdc1098c1d9_zps9760f0db.jpg

If you fancy being Rapunzel yourselves or want to find out more about Arabella Rose then visit their website here or alternatively follow them on twitter Instagram and Facebook for regular updates, images and special deals on blow drys and beauty treatments. 
Thanks
x




8 comments :

  1. Your hair does look absolutely gorgeous - I have super fine hair too, maybe even less hair than what you have too, because there's not a cat in hells chance I could make my fringe as thick and nice as yours! I wish someone around here did this type of extension - I keep looking into clip ins just for thickening my hair and not adding length :)

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks amazing, I'd love to have long thick hair! Mine is very fine too and whenever I grow it it just starts to look extremely flat and is hard to do anything with. I've definitely thought about hair extensions, but would only buy ones that are non-damaging like yours, however my student budget doesn't really account for that! Maybe I'll try them out in the future, because yours looks so so nice - I love the colour too!

    missisgoode.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair <3 seriously need to look into extensions, but i have never seen ones as nice is yours. looks super natural.
    x http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice blog post ! You have pretty hair xxx

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair is just incredible, I can literally only dream of getting mine this lovely and long in such great condition (cries silently) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such lovely long hair. It must take you forever to wash and dry. Mine is quite long and takes me at least an hour to do.

    Melissa | MELISSA LOVES THIS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks gorgeous curly! I'm growing mine out the now and I can't wait to have my long hair back - I got a lot of it cut a month or so ago xxx

    Blog This With Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh my friend has this type of extensions and they are literally amazing - you look gorgeous!! I love how thick it is all the way to the ends - my hair is really long but never looks quite that neat haha...
    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Comment away lovely commenting people!!!
It makes me smile.

Be an e-tailPR blogger