Sunday 11 August 2013

Outfit of the week #18

I've gone all elephunk on you for this outfit of the week post. Check out this very cute elephant and ethnic print dress with some cheeky cut out shoulder action. It's a beaut of an eBay dress but I cannot take the credit for finding it. I saw it on another bloggers wishlist and promptly followed the link all the way to the checkout (if it was you whose wishlist idea I nabbed then sorry). I'm not usually an animal motif kinda gal and if I do go for a little animal in my life then it tends to be of the giraffe variety, loves em I do!! But the colour combo and style of this dress had me cooing so naturally I had to have it in the drobe. Word of warning if you're going to follow suit and purchase this dress be prepare to have the mother of all battles getting it on and off. It has no stretch and no zip/buttons etc so you literally have to squeeze and squash it over the boobies. Every time I wear it I panic that it won't come off and the boyf will have to cut me out, but fear not it can be done ladies.

 photo IMG_6047_zps493ddcbd.jpg
 photo IMG_6043_zps71047f6f.jpg
 photo IMG_6038_zps691858b2.jpg
 photo IMG_6037_zpsc390c295.jpg
Dress - eBay  //  Belt - Primark  // Bag - eBay  //  Shoes - Primark (similar here)  //  Ring - H&M  // Wrap bracelet - H&M 

My plan was to wear this outfit to a friends birthday BBQ yesterday but it wasn't as sunny as I hoped so I switched to something a little warmer. Luckily its a beaut of a day today so I am wearing it right now as I type. I've teamed it with simple tan accessories. I didn't want tan overload so went with my black studded bag, which is another bargain eBay find (serious habit). My little tan loafers are a couple of years old but sooooo comfy and they pretty much go with everything. I've added some funky accessories too, check out the statement ring and wrap around bracelet. Please excuse my messy hair it wasn't looking its best so just shoved it into a quick up do for these photos. Right I'm off to read my book in the sun and nurse an unwanted hangover with lots of coca cola. 

Thanks
x

Twitter // bloglovin // Instagram



Online Jewellery store Henryka have been having fun raising Money for Children In Need 2013!  The staff took part in their very own Stars in Their Eyes! The videos are now live so go Watch them and vote for your favourite here. To donate to the very worthy cause click here.

17 comments :

  1. Oh my... This dress is gorgeous !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the accessories and the belt with this dress. Such a great dress, love seeing what others have on their wishlists x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that tan. Your elephant dress is super cute, it makes me think of India. LOL @ getting it on and off though, my biggest fear is getting stuck inside a piece of clothing! ;)

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that dress is so pretty! Love the elephant motif on it :D I'd have no chance if I got one though with lack of stretch haha, I seem to have wide shoulders and normal clothes are a challenge for them haha...

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is gorgeous - I love the ethnic elephant print! I nearly got stuck in a top I tried on in New Look the other day and had a major panic trying to get it over my head. Would have been an absolute nightmare having to call the sales assistant to come and help me out!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit! The print is so cute.

    www.skinandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit :)

    www.Chaneletco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit! You have really cool style :) Can't believe that dress is from ebay, looks like ASOS!

    L x
    Fashion For 21

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh that dress is adorable! I've seen lots of animal print (literally) clothing out recently, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cool print!! Love this dress, looks so cute :)

    Jenna
    http://jennanicholls.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outfit! The elephant print is gorgeous :)

    Sophie @ ciaosophie.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute dress pattern and shoes. You combined the whole look perfectly, hair and everything. :)

    http://msnotweirdatall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow what a unique and gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this dress, I'm big on shoulder cut outs at the minute! You look great :)

    vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this whole outfit, looks fantastic!

    http://loveamybecca.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've seen this dress on asos but wouldn't of even rated it, but omg it is absolutely stunning! I may have to purchase this little beauty!

    Love Gabi

    http://thebluebella.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Comment away lovely commenting people!!!
It makes me smile.

Be an e-tailPR blogger