Wednesday 8 January 2014

Smocky the smock!

Its been one exciting weekend and start to the week I can tell ya! If you don't already know from following my Instagram the boy and I got engaged on friday evening. He surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers some sparkling wine and after chomping down on an excellent steak and chips dinner he got down on one knee (or maybe two, we can't remember). We have been talking about marriage and weddings lately but I never believed it would actually happen... without my general intervening and coaxing anyway! So I was very happy and delighted to break the news to family and friends at the weekend. 

Having been together for 11 years we feel no need for a long engagement and are hoping to have the wedding this year so planning is in full swing already, with decisions being discussed, magazines being flicked through and we're even visiting our first potential venue on Sunday, how exciting!

 photo b98c7dd8-4470-4bdb-a644-8ad92e79ab21_zps52c19e7f.jpg
*Sorry about the grumpy face in this pic*
 photo a59d4bf6-b827-4417-a670-670a0f8eb0df_zpsc0ed0242.jpg photo 6dd2537d-9b84-4084-882a-b99ffe789c6c_zps217c9764.jpg
Dress - c/o sammydress *  //  Scarf (won in a giveaway)  //  Jacket - Primark  //  Bag - bangomango  //  Boots - George @ Asda  //  Necklace - notonthehighstreet  //  Rings - various from H&M and Primark

A little late to the party but I officially love smock dresses. I still feel slightly like I'm wearing maternity wear but the cute factor wins and I want to wear one forever. This gorgeous one is from sammydress and I must admit I was a bit sceptical about the service and quality from this brand but... I received my dress very quickly, with no problems and the dress is perfect. The print is gorgeous and has a very cute girly lining, which you can spy along the bottom of the dress. It has long sleeves that can be pinned back to quarter length if needed and the dress is the perfect thickness for the colder weather in A/W. I've had so many compliments when I wear it so I definitely recommend. 

Right back to wedding researching and if any of you have any tips or tricks to organising a wedding do let me know.
Thanks
x

twitter // bloglovin // Instagram

8 comments :

  1. Aww congratulations! Good luck with all the wedding planning - I bet this must be such an exciting time! :)

    Hannah @ Cutes and Fruits x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute lining at the bottom. Pinterest is great for wedding planning, or maybe just imaginary ones haha.

    MyLushBox

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this dress is super cute on you! love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this dress, must check the website! I saw on instagram... A big congratulations!!!! yey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same - always been a bit unsure about smock dresses but recently bought one and I love it! This looks great on you and the print is pretty :)

    Katie xx
    thestylinguist.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so Lush! The dress is super cute but I love the scarf jacket combo too! <3

    I am currently hosting a Valentines Box Swap with another blogger! It's going to be alot of fun! (link)

    Lucie xxx Fatbeautyx

    Vote for me in the #UKBA14 // Lime Crime Lipstick Giveaway (link)
    January monthly Advertiser - Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!
    + love the smock!
    L xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh wowww congratulations lovely!! :D

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Comment away lovely commenting people!!!
It makes me smile.

Be an e-tailPR blogger